10 Wellness & Sustainable Lifestyle Goals for 2019
Hello everyone! 2018 passes on its shining torch to 2019 in a few hours. Since we’re already minting new #goals, why not pencil in ones for our own health and the planet’s wellness?
#Sustainableliving impacts our own wellness and finances as well as benefits the Earth we live on. Every resource on this planet is depleting quickly, pollution and disease are rampant, and environmental changes are impacting you, me and the people we know.
If our small steps can contribute to a more positive change, then why not begin with them:
Enhancing your health:
1. Buy or grow pesticide-free vegetables. If you can set aside the budget for it, you can also incorporate organic grains, flours and sugar into your meals. You get fewer toxins in your body and also support farmers, who practice safe and healthy farming practices.
2. Opt for homemade, natural cleaners in your home. With vinegar, baking soda, dish soap and essential oils, you can create potent house cleaners that won’t harm your health. Cheaper on the pocket, these don’t infuse your indoor air with toxins.
3. Choose a few skincare products that are made from natural ingredients. Your skin is the largest organ and what you put on it, gets absorbed into the body. Do read those labels carefully because not everything that’s sold under the natural category is totally eco-friendly and healthy.
Easing your budget:
4. Choose quality over quantity. Like it or not, there’s far too many glittering things in the malls and markets to tempt us. But doesn’t most of what we buy, seem like a waste of money once we’re back home and don’t know what to do with more stuff? Instead of buying too much, why not focus on buying a few things that we will enjoy using for a long time?
5. Avoid fast fashion and sweatshop labels. Instead, choose timeless pieces, styles and fabrics that will last for a long time.
Caring for the planet:
6. Cut down on disposables. Whether its plastic bottles that you drink from and throw, Styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery that you use and chuck or plastic bags that you carry your veggies in, replace these with long lasting, non-disposable alternatives. Carry your own steel bottle, use Areca nutleaf plates or take along your own steel plate to a food festival and bag your veggies in reusable cloth bags.
7. Replace some of your non-biodegradable disposables with biodegradable disposables. Switch over to bamboo toothbrushes, bamboo earbuds, bamboo fiber or banana fiber or cloth pads (or moon cups) and cloth napkins.
8. Compost your kitchen waste. It’s the easiest thing to do and you cut down 60% of the daily waste that you send out of your home with this simple step. Purchase a home composter or convert an old bucket into one, and get started with this DIY tutorial.
Improving your lifestyle:
9. Invest in experiences and knowledge instead of things. For all the occasions that involve giving and receiving gifts, why not give and receive courses and tailor-made experiences that will add value without adding clutter?
10. Give back to the community and planet. Whether it’s through simple ways to #gogreen or organizing fund-raising events to contribute to a cause or through ways to spread awareness within your community, think of ways to do something to make this Earth a better place.
Now that you’ve written down your goals for 2019, share it with your friends, post it on your social media or find ways to stay accountable.
Do share this article with your friends and family to spread the green message.
And, like us on Facebook + subscribe to our newsletter to be part of our Eco tribe.
And hey, we’re also on Instagram (@gorgeousgirlsgogreen) & Twitter (@4GGorgeousGreen).
For more ideas on #sustainableliving, check out this section.
#gogreen #sustainableliving #selfcare #2019goals #newyearresolutions